Please visit my previous blogs
This blog is continuation of the series and will be the final blog for SSE 2010 series.
As we have completed installation of SSE 2010 on SFS 2010 on 3-tier web farm. Now the time is to configure the Search Service.
Steps Required for configuration are listed below
1) Configure the Search Service on Application Server by using Central Admin.
2) Configure Content Source
3) Creating a Search Center Site
4) Searching Content
Step 1: Configure the Search Service on Application Server by using Central Admin
- Logon to Central Admin site
- Navigate to Application Management –> Manage Service Application
- In Ribbon Control Click on Arrow in New Button
- Click on New “Search Service Application”
- A dialogue box as shown in Screen-1 will appear
- Name: Enter Name in Name field
- Search Service Account: Choose a Managed account from List, if not there register a Managed account using the link “Register a new Managed Account”
- Application Pool for Search Admin Web Service:Either select a Create New Application or select from existing.
- Application Pool for Search Query and Site Setting Web Service:Either select a Create New Application or select from existing.
- Click on Ok Button
- Next You will see a Processing windows, wait for process to complete.
After Service Creation is done.
1) Now we need to make sure below two services are running on Application Server and Web Front End Server
- Search Query and Site Settings Service: Search Query and Site Settings Service is deployed on Web Front End Server.
- SharePoint Server Search- SharePoint Server Search is deployed on Application Server
How to verify:
- Navigate to System Settings—>Manage Service on Server in Central Admin Site.
- Select Web Front Server from drop down, look for Search Query and Site Setting Service, Ensure it is started.
- Select Application Server from drop down, look for SharePoint Server Search and ensure it is started.
Now Search Express is configured and next steps which are required are listed below
1) Configure Content Source
2) Configure Crawl on Content Source
3) Run a full Crawl
4) Searching data
Lets start with Configuration of Content Sources.
- Central Admin Site, Navigate to Application Management—> Manage Service Application.
- Look for Search Service Application and select it
- In the Ribbon control, click on Manage button
- A page as shown in below picture appears
You will see a default Content Source created Named “Local SharePoint Site”
- Ensure that your site address is listed in “Start Addresses”.
- Select the “Crawl Schedules” for full crawl and Incremental Crawl.
- Now click “ok”
- On the “Manage Content Sources “ page, click on Start Full Crawl
After Full crawl is completed. You can now log in your site and start searching.